Southern California is considered one of the bright spots in our organization, performing in the top percentile in nearly every metric on build quality and voice of the customer. The Construction and Customer Care teams were kind enough to spend a few hours of their day sharing ideas, best practices and insights into what makes their division perform at such a high level. Hopefully you’re able to gain some best practices – or reach out to them to learn more.
1. Straight Talk. Getting things done is a lot easier when you can communicate openly. Mark Rodenborn tells us how “straight talk” helps the Southern California Division achieve its goals.
2. Bright Spots & Rock Stars. Retaining talent is easy when you recognize employees for their achievements. In this PultePride Podcast, Mike Durham talks about SoCal’s field performance meetings where they acknowledge those who have gone above and beyond and done an awesome job.
3. Build Quality Field Manager. Do you think you have what it takes to be a Build Quality Field Manager? Listen to what Jorde Camp has to say.
4. All-Star Cards. With the Division’s huge geographic footprint posing a challenge for the Customer Care team to be at every Build Quality Experience milestone event, they came up with the idea of All-Star Cards
5. Home Complete Certificates. At every closing, the Division provides homebuyers with a Home Complete Certificate and takes a photograph of them holding the certificate. Both the field manager and the homebuyer signs the certificate, which looks similar to a diploma. Not only does it create a focal point of achievement, but it also works as a visual aid to set expectations, create a positive experience and reinforce facts about the overall quality of the home. Read more about the Home Complete Certificate here
With nearly a quarter of the U.S. population identifying as Hispanic or Latino, Hispanic Heritage Month is an important time to recognize our colleagues, customers and neighbors as we reflect on the many ways Hispanic and Latin American cultures have influenced our daily lives. To celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month, respected and influential leaders, Manny Molera
Observed from September 15 to October 15, National Hispanic Heritage Month celebrates the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America. For sales consultant Ruben Fernandez of Ohio, there are countless influential Hispanic and Latino people who have made significant contributions in American
We're continuing to expand our offerings throughout Central Florida with Del Webb at Viera – our first community selling on the Space Coast in almost two decades! The community marks our entry into the region’s active adult market and is designed to accommodate and cater to the lifestyle needs of Brevard County’s population, 40% of